COVID-19 Precautionary Information
Guidance continues to evolve in both NY and PA regarding requirements for reopening. Both states are no longer under a state of emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As we continue to see a steady decline in COVID-19 rates in our surrounding areas, UMH has been actively following all updated guidance from local, state, and federal agencies which has allowed for the loosening of restrictions on our campuses. Our facilities have all been reintroducing prior communal programs and activities, such as dining, recreation, and wellness. Visitation has been ongoing within the safety requirements and guidelines set forth, with new opportunities for socialization and visits with family and friends continuing to increase. In accordance with CMS and DOH guidance, we are following all infection control measures recommended by the CDC, so that we may continue to keep our residents and staff safe. The health, safety, and well-being of our residents and staff remain our number one priority.
Visitor guidelines and expectations are posted at the bottom of the page under our COVID-19 Campus Communication Updates.
For questions or concerns, please contact the appropriate Campus Infection Preventionist listed below, or Martha Wright, our VP Clinical Services at 607-201-5148.
- Wesley Village Campus: Debbie Wruble, RN Infection Preventionist – 570-655-2891 ext 5276
- Tunkhannock Campus: Debbie Wruble, RN Infection Preventionist – 570-655-2891 ext 5276
- Elizabeth Church Campus: Angelina Kovach, RN Infection Preventionist – 607-722-3463 ext 343
- Hilltop Campus: Suzanne Greene, RN Infection Preventionist – 607-798-1002 ext 318
- Corporate Office: Heather Morgan, Director of Clinical Development – 607-316-3911
All our campuses can assist both residents and staff with obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination. Please contact the appropriate Campus Infection Preventionist listed above for more information.
Irene Raeder Community Center at Brooks Estates
The Irene Raeder Community Center is open daily from 8AM to 8PM. The Exercise Room will still be by appointment only from 6AM to 2:30PM, Monday thru Friday. If you have a scheduled exercise time which is earlier than 8AM, staff will be here to let you into the building.
If you are vaccinated against COVID-19, you may enter the Community Center without a mask and do not have to social distance (you can still wear a mask if you’d be more comfortable!). You must show proof of vaccination upon entering of the Irene Raeder Community Center to be able to unmask and not social distance. If you are unvaccinated against COVID-19, you must continue to wear a mask and social distance.
Highlands Community Center
The Highlands Community Center is now fully open. You are asked to wear a mask when entering, exiting, and moving about the building. During exercise or seated during an activity, those who are vaccinated against COVID-19 may remove their masks. If you are unvaccinated against COVID-19, you must continue to wear a mask and social distance.
It is of utmost importance to us that we not only educate our residents and staff but serve as a resource to our communities we serve. For more information, we will continue to update this page visit this webpage as our social media.
For resources related to coronavirus, we recommend the following sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus Disease – www.cdc.gov.
- How to Protect Yourself – Tips from the CDC
- FDA Consumer Tips for Shopping
- DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in nursing homes.
COVID-19 CAMPUS COMMUNICATION UPDATE
If using Internet Explorer you may not be able to access this information. Please try an alternate browser such as Google Chrome.