At United Methodist Homes Campuses, we continue to devote extraordinary efforts to preserve the safety, security, and well-being of our residents. Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we responded swiftly following all CDC, Department of Health, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services guidelines to reduce the risk of outbreaks and ensure resident and staff safety in our communities.
Our Mission is to provide a wide range of senior living services with exceptional care and compassion. We are committed to meeting the needs of seniors in our communities by offering them a safe and secure home to thrive, enjoying peace of mind in knowing they can age in place with full access to a high-quality and compassionate care continuum on campus.
We continue to welcome new residents into our communities and are taking every precaution to ensure their on-going safety and peace of mind.
Below are some of the measures which make our communities safer:
1. Enhanced Housekeeping & Sanitizing Services: All of our Campuses have expanded their housekeeping and sanitation practices using EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectants for routine cleaning and frequent disinfecting of high-touch surfaces.
2. Staff Screening & Testing: All staff are screened for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to the start of each shift in addition to routine COVID-19 testing.
3. Personal Protective Equipment: Personal protective equipment including masks are worn by staff at all times.
4. Modified Activities: All activities are modified to allow for social distancing. When safe to do so, small group activities are allowed in accordance with guidelines. Residents must also wear masks when out in public areas. Activities staff are continually finding creative ways for residents to socialize!
5. Vaccination Clinics: All of our campuses have held vaccination clinics for both residents and staff. This significantly safeguards our community from COVID-19 with every newly vaccinated resident or staff member.
6. Infection Control Program: Every campus has a dedicated Infection Preventionist on staff to ensure and oversee all infection control safety precautions are followed and serves as a resource for best practices to prevent not only COVID-19 but other infectious diseases.
7. Virtual Tours & Appointments: When in-person tours of our campuses are not permitted, we offer a safe alternative with our virtual tours and appointments.
8. Visitation Precautions: When our campuses are eligible to receive visitors, we have thorough screening practices in place and have a structured, by appointment visit experience.
9. Moving Day Assistance: To ensure the safety of all of our residents, presently when a new resident moves into our community, our own staff members welcome and assist them with moving in their belongings.